XCStats Cross Country
XCStats Cross Country includes the features you need to motivate your team, painlessly provide complete individual and team statistics and communicate with your team community all while saving you time! Read and view the features of XCStats Cross Country then check out our special offer for new subscribers.
Learn why XCStats has been adopted by over 70 high schools. Click on the additional section headings below to explore the benefits of using XCStats for cross country! Then check out our pricing page for special promotions.
With XCStats Cross Country, you get 25 reports and graphs without loading data or manual
data entry! We collect the results from your posted events as soon as they
are available, then load them, so you have immediate and complete cross country
team and individual statistics. The individual reports include 9 different
peformance metrics, the most important being those related to improvement.
XCStats calculates true PR's and improvements for every course, unlike track-based databases which only consider distance. And, since cross country is a team sport, all team statistics are computed for both all-time and individual meets.
Our statistics highlight improvement over speed so that
every runner on the team can succeed, not just those who count in the scoring.
Team and individual improvements are calculated in many ways: by comparing the
performance against their personal record, against their last race on that course
and against their time from a year ago, if available. And every runner participates
on a team since the statistics are computed for all groups of 5, not just the first 5.
Recognizing runners for their accomplishments creates an attitude of success which motivates future training and commitment. Our statistics show that, on average, about 70% of your runners will improve every race. If, as a coach, youíre not recognizing those runners, then youíre missing an opportunity to motivate your team and build spirit. With XCStats Cross Country, youíll never miss an improvement, either team or individual.
Communication is the backbone for an organizationsí success and a high school cross
country team is no exception. With large team sizes, reduced school funding and busy
coaching staffsí easy, rapid and effective communication is essential. To meet this
need, XCStats Cross Country includes a complete email system, a team-only discussion
forum for two-way communications and file posting for document distribution. XCStats
can even be your team web site!
XCStats makes sending emails easy. The system collects parent and runner email addresses during registration so coaches donít need to transcribe (and mis-type) addresses. Email messages are sent one-at-a-time so addresses are not distributed without permission. And parents and runners can even send emails to the coach from their XCStats site.
Research shows that the fastest, most effective way to improve performance is to
set a goal, yet very few coaches have implemented a goal setting procedure broadly and
consistently. Why? Because with large team sizes and many events, itís a paperwork
nightmare! XCStats Cross Country includes a goal-setting system so runners can set
goals, and coaches can review them, in seconds. And with a few mouse clicks, coaches
can send an email to runners (and optionally with a copy to the parents) to those who
havenít yet set their goal.
Many coaches like to monitor the training of their top runners, whether a summer running program or mid-season workouts. XCStats includes a training logs recording and charting tool so runners can easily enter their workouts, coaches can review them and both can chart their cumulative or weekly mileage. It even includes a year-over-year option so runners and coaches can compare their training against previous seasons.
XCStats also includes Team Management features where coaches can assign, monitor and communicate information about athlete tasks, such as paying fees, returning forms or checking in/out uniforms. A coach can quickly determine who has not completed the task and send a reminder to the entire group with a few mouse clicks, including to the parents of deliquent athletes.
As a new subscriber, you can try XCStats Cross Country all season long for nearly
nothing! Youíll get full functionality: 25 reports and charts, complete individual
and team statistics, the email system, goal setting, training logs, web site,
discussion forum and team management tools Ė the WORKS! Plus,
we even load your previous seasons data!
Go to our interest form to check out the special pricing for new subscribers.
XCStats Cross Country Walk Through
Scan through these images for a quick summary of the features. Want more? Watch our demo!
Full List of Features
All that's included, with links to examples where possible (some reports are only available to subscribers).
- XCStats Cross Country Home Page - Season-by-season event listings with improvement summary stats. Example
- Individual Race Results and Statistics - Example
- Team Race Results and Statistics - Example
- All Runners Race Results - Full individual race results with XCStats team highlighted. Example
- All Teams Race Results - Full team race results with XCStats team highlighted. Example
- Season Summary Report - Every runner and every race with complete statistics on one page. Example
- Improvements/Goal Accomplishment Summary - Shows event-by-event and cumulative improvements and goal accomplishment statistics. Example
- Athlete Career Page - All cross country career statistics, season summaries, improvements, chart.Example
- Athlete Single-Course Career - A chart and report of a runners career on a single course. Example
- All-time Top Runners - All runners ranked by average career pace. Example
- Compare Careers Chart - Overlay the careers of selected runners on a chart. To see example go to above report and select runners.
- Individual All-Time Course Records - Includes records by grade and can show only current runners if desired. Example
- Compare Career Course History - Overlay the careers of selected runners on a given course. For an example, go to above report and select runners for chart.
- Team All-Time Course Records - All team perforances on a given course. Example
- Team Trends - Historical trend analysis for team size, speed and improvement accomplishment. Example
- Search Individual California XC Results - Search our massive database of nearly 1,000,000 individual results. Also available with the XCStats Guest Pass.
- Search Team California XC Results - Search our database of over 100,000 team results. Also available with the XCStats Guest Pass.
- Race Preparation Report - For subscribing coaches only, a history of all current runners on an upcoming course.
- Training Logs Analyzer - For subscribing coaches and runners, a report and chart to evaluate training log data and compare between runners.
- Task Accomplishment Report - For coaches, view the status of task accomplishments (i.e. turn in money, uniforms, forms, etc)
- Another Improvement Report - For coaches only, this one shows season-over-season and course-over-course improvements. Good for the end of season banquet!
- Runners who ROCK! - List of runners from subscribing schools with recent improvements. Example
- Teams that ROCK! - List of subscribing teams and their improvement percentages. Example
- Four-Year Runners - Recognizing those runners who have run cross country all four years. Example
- Course Performance Population Distribution - Check out your performance percentile compared to thousands of other runners. Also available to the public. Report
- Website Traffic Chart - Coach can measure how much traffic they are getting on their XCStats site. Pure fun!
Tools & Interactive Features
- Goal Setting System - Runners examine past results on upcoming courses to set goals and enter pre- and post-race comments. Can also enter season goals. Coaches review goals, send emails to runners to comment on their goal and perform what-if analysis.
- Training Log System - A complete system for capturing and analyzing training information.
- Mobile Apps - Specially designed goal setting and training logs forms and pages designed to make utilizing these features fun, easy and convenient.
- Email System - XCStats collects runners and parents email addresses during the registration process. Then coaches can send emails to runners and parents directly from XCStats.
- Post-Race Emails - With a few clicks after a race, coaches can send personalized congratulatory emails to their runners, with a copy to his/her parents.
- Text Messaging - When email is just not fast enough! Send bulk text messages to parents and runners directly from an XCStats web page. No need to collect or type in phone numbers - XCStats handles that during the registration process.
- Communications Preferences - Parents and athletes can specify their desired method of electronic communication from the coach, text messages or email. In the team discussion forum, they can choose to automatically receive all, some or no postings. For instant notification of race results, runners and parents can subscribe to receive alerts.
- Team and Task Management System - A comprehensive system which allows coaches to define team administrative tasks, such as the return of forms or money, and then track the runner's completion of those tasks. Other tasks include goal setting and entering training log data.
- Share Link Tool - Runners and parents can add links to your XCStats site to share information such as photos, articles and videos.
- Discussion Forum - A private forum for runners, coaches and parents to share experiences, plan logisitics.
- Upload Files and Forms - for easy access by your team.
- Course Time Converter - Convert times from one course to another. Report.
- Runner Name Spelling-fix Tool - For coaches to clean up inconsistent names.
- Parents and Runner Email Form - Parents and runners can send emails to the coach directly from XCStats.