XCStats Track & Field
XCStats Track & Field includes the features you need to manage and motivate your team, provide complete and accurate performance reports and graphs and communicate with your team community all while saving you time! Read and view the features of XCStats Track & Field then check out our special offer for 2012 new subscribers.
XCStats was created specifically to address the needs of high school track & field and cross country programs:
- Calcuate, distibute and update accurate STATISTICS.
- Implement easy to use and effective team COMMUNICATIONS methods.
- Incorporate proven COACHING TOOLS.
- Simplify and streamline TEAM MANAGEMENT.
- CHALLENGE: Maintaining accurate track & field statistics for the entire team is daunting and time consuming.
With XCStats, all calculations, adjustments and conversions are performed automatically and XCStats provides a wide range of reports and charts which are designed to motivate, regardless of the skill of the athlete. The reports are improvement-based and improvements are calculated in many ways (compared to last result, to PR, to last year) to insure that no accomplishment is overlooked. Itís this recognition that motivates high school athletes, gives meaning to their training and instills a feeling of success, whether or not their performance counts toward the official scoring.
XCStats makes liberal use of dynamic charts which is fun and engaging for athletes, parents and coaches. Users can overlay the performances of multiple athletes to understand the comparisons or look at trends of performances. Hours of fun await!
And all these great reports and charts do not need to get into the hands of your competitors! With just a few clicks, coaches can display their stats to only those within their track & field community and not to the public.
- CHALLENGE: Good communications is essential for a successful program and the internet has brought more options. However, they can become time-consuming obligations, such as building and maintaining a web site, or collecting and keeping email addresses up-to-date.
- A complete email system
- Team-only forum for 2-way discussions
- A "post-a-link" tool to share content
- File upload tool for document distribution
- It can be even by your team web site!
The XCStats email system collects parent and athlete email addresses during registration so coaches donít need to transcribe (and mis-type) addresses. Email messages are sent one-at-a-time so addresses are not distributed without permission. And parents and athletes can even send emails to the coach from their XCStats site.
- CHALLENGE: The size of the team or the ďpaperworkĒ sometimes limits the adoption of coaching best practices.
Research shows that the fastest, most effective way to improve performance is to set a goal, yet very few coaches have implemented a goal setting procedure broadly and consistently. Why? Because with large team sizes and many events, itís a paperwork nightmare! XCStats includes a goal-setting system so athletes can set goals, and coaches can review them, in seconds.
Many coaches like to monitor the training of their top athletes, whether a summer running program or mid-season workouts. XCStats includes a training logs recording and charting tool so athletes can easily enter their workouts, coaches can review them and both can chart their cumulative or weekly mileage. It even includes a year-over-year option so athletes and coaches can compare their training against previous seasons.
- CHALLENGE: Less than half of available coaching time is spent actually coaching. Most of the time is spend on administrative tasks, keeping statistics and communications.
At XCStats, weíve already drastically reduced the time coaches need to spend on stats and communications, so now weíre helping to minimize your administrative burden!
XCStats allows coaches to assign tasks, such as turning in forms, money or checking out uniforms, and record their accomplishment. Nothing fancy there Ė you can do that with Excel. But the XCStats advantage is that itís integrated with the email system and with the personalized athlete and parent pages. Weíve built a reporting system around task accomplishment; so for example, you can create a list of all the people who havenít turned in their transportation money. Then, you can export the list to Excel or, with a single click, send an email reminder. We even write the message for you! No excuses for missing a deadline and a lot less anguish for the coach.
XCStats Track & Field in available to new subscribers for only $50 per school!
You get full functionality: complete performance reports and charts,
the email system, goal setting, training logs, web site,
discussion forum and team management tools Ė the WORKS!
Go to our sign up page to subscribe now or requrest more information!
XCStats Track & Field Walk Through
Scan through these images for a quick summary of the features.
Full List of Features
All that's included, with links to examples where possible (some reports are only available to subscribers).
- XCStats Track & Field Team Home Page - Season-by-season meet listings with improvement summary stats. Example
- Individual Meet Results - Meet results for all athletes showing improvements against their PR, their last result and against a year ago. Example
- Season Event Results - Report of all event results for a given season. Report shows personal records, season records, improvements over last PR, last race or last year. Includes season-long improvement statistics. Example
- Comparison Charts of Event Results - Overlay athletes performances for a given event in a single season. See an example by selecting athletes from this report and selecting "Graph Selected Athletes".
- Season Top Marks Report - Best results for each event. Exportable for easy meet registration. Example
- All-Time Results Report - Filter controls provides 16 different reports per event! (i.e. by grade, current/non current athletes, with or without wind marks). Example
- Career Comparison Charts - Overlay the career of athletes for a given event. See an example by selecting athletes from this report and selecting "Graph Selected Athletes".
- Athlete Career Page - Includes Track & Field and Cross Country results and charts.
- Training Log Distance Report - View weekly or cumulative training mileage.
- Task Accomplishment Report - View the status of task accomplishments (i.e. turn in money, uniforms, forms, etc)
- Roster Report - View, export and modify your roster.
- Meet Plan - View the athlete assignments for the upcoming meet.
Tools & Interactive Features
- Goal Setting System Athletes examine past results to set goals and enter pre- and post-race comments. Coaches review goals, send emails to athletes to comment on their goal.
- Training Log System A complete system for capturing and analyzing training informtion.
- Mobile Apps - Specially designed goal setting and training logs forms and pages designed to make utilizing these features fun, easy and convenient.
- Email System XCStats collects athletes and parents email addresses during the registration process. Then coaches can send emails to athletes and parents directly from XCStats.
- Text Messaging - When email is just not fast enough! Send bulk text messages to parents and athletes directly from an XCStats web page. No need to collect or type in phone numbers - XCStats handles that during the registration process.
- Communications Preferences - Parents and athletes can specify their desired method of electronic communication from the coach, text messages or email. In the team discussion forum, they can choose to automatically receive all, some or no postings.
- Team and Task Management System - A comprehensive system which allows coaches to define team administrative tasks, such as the return of forms or money, and then track the athlete's completion of those tasks. Other tasks include goal setting and entering training log data.
- Meet Planner - Quickly and easily assign (and adjust!) athletes to events and divisions for upcoming meets. Publish the finalized plan to a web page or print and take to the meet.
- Competitive Analysis - Here's a fun one! Load results from your competitor into XCStats via our copy and paste method then generate comparison reports between the teams. Adjust your meet plan to maximize your points!
- Customizable Data Entry Form - Coaches can build a custom data entry form for easy entry of track & field results.
- Team Web Site - XCStats can be your teams web site! With the email system, discussion forum, file upload and stats, you have everything you need for a basic site.
- Share Link Tool - athletes and parents can add links to your XCStats site to share information such as photos, articles and videos.
- Discussion Forum - A private forum for athletes, coaches and parents to share experiences, plan logisitics.
- Upload Files and Forms - for easy access by your team.
- Upload Track & Field Results - Using a specified format, upload historical or current track & field results.
- Athlete Name Spelling-Fix Tool - For coaches to clean up inconsistent names.
- Parents and Athlete Email Form - Parents and athletes can send emails to the coach directly from XCStats.